Nutrition and lifestyle are important factors when healing brain fog. Having brain fog is not normal. It´s a sign of trouble. What you can do when suffering from brain fog?
Symptoms of brain fog
- Memory, short term memory loss problems.
- Mental cloudiness “foggy”
- Feeling “zombie”
- Can´t read
- Get tired
- Difficult finding words
- Concentration is difficult
- Difficult to learn new things
What causes brain fog
- Eating wrong food like sugar, wheat, caffeine, MSG, aspartame, sucralose, alcohol
- Nutritional deficiencies like vitamin B12, vitamin D, omega3
- Lack of quality sleep
- Chronic stress
- Physical inactivity
- Toxins at home like cleaning agents, air fresheners, scented candles etc..
- Health conditions like adrenal fatigue, depression, diabetes, Lyme disease, brain injury, hormonal imbalance, “leaky gut”, chronic inflammation
Recovering from brain fog with Holistic Medicine
- Drink filtered water. Your brain is 80% water (Dr. Amen) Min 1 litre a day.
- No smoking
- No alcohol
- Food diet; no grain, do dairy, no soy, no eggs, no sweeteners, high in antioxidant rich food like fruits and vegetables, avocado, nuts, seeds
- Detox with super greens like barley grass powder, wheat grass powder, spirulina
- Stay away from processed vegetable oils like canola oil. Use coconut oil, MCT oil or caprylic acid, these last two are not recommended for heating.
- Get enough sleep at least 7-8 hours per night
- Balance hormones
- Supplements – high quality like omega3, vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin C, melatonin, zinc
- Medicinal mushrooms like Lions Mane, Chaga, Reishi
- Adaptogens like maca, ashwagandha and tulsi
- Strengthen your microbiome, take high-quality probiotics
- Meditation. Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Journaling. Writing and keeping gratitude journal, embrace your meaning and purpose.
- Light exercise like walking in nature, yoga, pilates.
- Playing brain games increases your memory, coordination and flexibility.
I suffered from brain fog before my illness (autoimmune dis-ease) so I can relate with this very well. I have noticed that many people suffer from brain fog nowadays due to unhealthy processed food, excessive alcohol intake, caffeine, smoking and all the toxins around us. You are responsible for your own health.
You have the power to heal yourself. If want to dig deeper I suggest to watch Broken Brain docuseries cost USD 97.
Health, Love & Light ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Keywords; brain fog, healing, holistic, brain, health, holistic medicine
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this blog is only for informational purposes and should not be considered to be healthcare advice or medical diagnosis, treatment or prescribing. You should consult with a healthcare professional before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment or care, starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.