If it happens that you get sunburn it´s easy to heal with natural remedies. There are available good choices for sun screens or oils like carrot oil and coconut oil for more brown skin. Protect yourself well from sunburn using good sunscreen products when you are fishing, swimming, playing beach volley etc.
The best way to avoid sunburn is prevention:
- Stay out of the sun between 10 am and 4 pm when the UV rate is the highest.
- Wear proper clothing that covers your skin as well as a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Use high quality sunscreen to exposed skin areas several times a day. Note, sunscreen product with UVA & UVB protection is best choice, not just SPF rate, which most of sunscreens are.
Natural remedies for sunburn
- Hydration Drink plenty of water. Coconut water dehydrates quickly. Sunburns are very drying for our skin, and we are often quite dehydrated after spending time in the sun. While it’s important to drink water all day, extra hydration is helpful when recovering from a sunburn.
- Ozonated olive oil. Use ozonated olive oil to sunburn areas, massage gently into skin. Smell is less attractive but works super quickly.
- Aloe vera. Aloe vera has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that help deal with the various symptoms of sunburn. You can use gel from plant directly, and place in fridge before the use.
- Yogurt. Spread natural yogurt into skin and leave for min. 30 minutes.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is great for alleviating pain, minimizing redness, and moisturizing your skin to prevent peeling. It can also be used as a very mild sunscreen if your skin is used to sun.
- Take cool shower. It helps to cool down the skin.
- Oatmeal bath. Try oatmeal bath if your skin is itchy and sunburn. Soak in 0,5 hr in oatmeal bath.
Let´ s enjoy the sun and summer!
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Keywords; sunburnt, holistic healing, healing, holistic living, holistic life