Depression is a symptom from something not a dis-ease. Depression is mostly underlying trauma which needs healing. This is holistic and metaphysical perspective to depression, not medical.
Root causes of depression
Here are some common main root causes of depression.
- Medications. Some medications increase the risk of depression.
- Nutrition. If nutrition is poor like mainly eating processed or junk food, and lots of dairy and wheat products increase nutrition deficiencies, and weakens your immune system for other disorders.
- Substance abuse. Even if drugs or alcohol temporarily make you feel better, they ultimately will aggravate depression. Substance abuse decreases immune system and causes many nutritional deficiencies. The root cause for using substances is that you are not connected with your soul, unhealed trauma.
- Trauma. Which can be abuse, conflict, death or a loss, divorce, accident, serious illness. Trauma always fragments your soul, and when your soul is fragmented it appears as a depression.
- Viruses. Most of HHV viruses cause depression.
How to heal mild depression?
There are few things you can start to do daily.
- Hydration. Stay hydrated, at least 2 litres purified water daily. Affects to peripheral nervous system.
- Inner child healing. When healing your inner child, it helps to heal the trauma from childhood. Contact with your inner child to nurture it with love.
- Journaling. Write all your feelings and thoughts, this helps you to process them better.
- Meditate. Helps you to ground, changes your brain, connects with your Higher Self.
- Music. Music is powerful for healing, it affects to your brain and to your soul.
- Nature. Spend some time even just 15 minutes in nature daily. It grounds you.
- Nutrition. Focus only on fresh and clean food like veggies and fruits.
- Supplements. These are helpful especially if neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, GABA, acetylcholine) are imbalanced.
- Yoga. Helps to heal emotional blocks.
And once you feel better and more energized, it´s good to do some deep soul-searching. With raising your vibrations you change your world. Living with depression means low vibrations. All above mentioned helps to raise your vibrations to help to heal yourself.
If you have difficult depression and you are under medications, contact your MD or some holistic MD or therapist.
Health, Love & Light ♡
-Sari Helen | Holistic Healing Therapist, Coach, Counsellor, Reiki
Key words; holistic healing, depression, vibrations, healing, holistic medicine
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this blog is only for informational purposes and should not be considered to be healthcare advice or medical diagnosis, treatment or prescribing. You should consult with a healthcare professional before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment or care, starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.
Sources: Evette Rose; Metaphysical Anatomy Technique, Dr Brian Weiss; Same soul, many body, Robert Schwartz; Soul´s Plan.