Holidays are here. Many people struggle during Christmas, they are distressed and anxious. Lots of expectations for others. Everything need to be done. Everything need to be perfect. Maybe family issues, Christmas brings always underlying issues to surface and when involved with alcohol, family drama is ready.
People are always exhausted after holidays. Here are few tips how you can make better Christmas for yourself by taking care of yourself.
Self-care tips for Holidays
- Sleep enough. Few hours before bed screen-off time to get good sleep.
- Spend time in outdoor, be nature to get fresh air.
- Eat healthy food. Eat mindfully. Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration. Skip few alcohol dosage.
- Ask help if needed.
- Forgive yourself and others. Be kind to yourself and others.
- Set boundaries to others.
- Protect your energy field for lower vibrations.
- If you get distressed, anxious, frustrated or angry with some one. Accept the situation and let it go. Deep breathing helps. Place your right palm on your diaphragm, and left palm on your middle chest and deep breath at least three times prefer more if needed.
- Meditate every day just before bed or when it is needed or possible. This keeps you balanced, centered in high vibrations and out of drama.
- Book one day just for yourself without family or few hours to do what you love to do.
- Do yoga to release emotions and feelings gathered during the day. Child´s pose and Corpse Pose are best for this.
Essential oils like lavender, jasmine and bergamot are good to relieve stress and anxiety. If you spend time around some one with low energies carry with you black tourmaline, obsidian or onyx. If you are in spiritual practices, then do also protection shields for yourself.
Happy Winter Solstice & Holidays from Northern Hemisphere!
Follow on Instagram @sarihelensoulpreneur. Subscribe monthly Newsletter here.
Holistic Healing Therapist, Coach, Counsellor, Reiki
Key words; self-care, self-love, holistic healing, depression, vibrations, healing, holistic medicine
2 thoughts on “Self-Care for Holidays”
These are great tips. Thank you for sharing them. Best wishes for the festive season!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Glad to hear you find them helpful. Best wishes too!