Hormones like estrogen, testosterone, adrenaline and insulin — are extremely important chemical messengers that affect many aspects of your overall health. Hormones are secreted by various glands and organs, including your thyroid, adrenals, pituitary, ovaries, testicles and pancreas. The entire endocrine system works together to control the level of hormones circulating throughout your body, and if one or more is even even slightly imbalanced it can cause widespread, major health problems.
What are hormones?
- Hormones are chemical messengers that facilitate the communication between the multitude of biological systems and glands within your body.
- They are a part of the endocrine system [which consists of the pineal, hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal, thyroid, parathyroid, thymus, pancreas, gastrointestinal tract, and the ovaries and testes.
- These endocrine glands produce the hormones that regulate growth and development, reproduction, weight, mood, and dozens of other functions.
What causes hormonal imbalance?
- Endocrine disruptors
- Chemicals like BPA, dioxin, atrazine, phthalates, lead, mercury, arsenic
- Synthetic estrogen
- Products like plastic wrap, plastic food containers, cleaning agents, candles, air fresheners, cosmetics, body care & hygiene products, metal cans, alumium pans etc.
- Non-organic processed food and processed vegetable oils
- Extreme exercise
- Viruses (HHV)
For example, if you use antiperspirant or deodorant loaded with endocrine disruptors and toxins for years and years, all these absorb into body, and hair grow in the body is HUGE not to mention about other health effects. Why women always complain how the hair grow in underarms is heavy? Personally I can say that body hair grow stopped when I did chemical detox in my life.
Signs for hormonal imbalance
- Weight gain or weight loss (that’s unexplained and not due to intentional changes in your diet)
- Depression and anxiety
- CFS – Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
- Low libido
- Changes in appetite
- Digestive issues
- Hair loss and hair thinning
- Excessive sweating
- Hot flashes
- UTI – urinary tract infection
- Adrenal fatigue
How to heal hormonal imbalance?
- Do chemical detox
- Use clean, purified, filtered water
- Use natural organic cosmetics, body care & hygiene products
- Use natural organic cleaning agents
- Eat only organic plant-based food
- Use healthy fats like organic extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, MTC oil, caprylic acid
- Use Adaptogens like maca, ashwagandha and tulsi
- Use supplements like vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, selenium
- Use superfood like spirulina, wheat grass, barley grass, dandelion,
- Use spices like turmeric, ginger, garlic
- Avoid caffeine
- Get enough sleep
- Keep stress level low
- Light exercise since extreme exercise is the cause
Health, Love & Light ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Keywords; endocrine disruptors, hormones, hormonal imbalance, healing, holistic health, holistic life, holistic living
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this blog is only for informational purposes and should not be considered to be healthcare advice or medical diagnosis, treatment or prescribing. You should consult with a healthcare professional before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment or care, starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.