Pineal gland is also known as the third-eye. This small, pinecone-shaped endocrine organ located in the brain secretes and regulates melatonin, the hormone that regulates your circadian rhythms (your sleep-wake cycle).
What causes overactive pineal gland?
- Deficiency of melatonin
- Overproduction of melatonin
- Exposing to excess the light during the night, or not enough light during the day
- Jet lag
- Shift working
- Poor vision
- Imbalanced chakra system
What are symptoms of overactive pineal gland?
- Difficult to concentrate
- Sensitivity to light, blurred vision
How to balance overactive pineal gland?
- Sleep in complete darkness. Go to sleep at the same time in every evening prefer between 10pm and 11pm.
- Aromatherapy. Essential oils like patchouli, peppermint, frankincense or sandalwood. Use diffuser or rub diluted essential oil directly to third eye.
- Cover your third-eye with hat or something else.
- Crystals. Place an amethyst, hematite or tiger´s eye on your third-eye to sooth the overactive pineal gland.
- Yoga. Do some yoga, strength your sacral and heart chakras.
- Breath exercises.
- Reiki / energy healing.
- Sound therapy.
- Color therapy.
The third-eye chakra (Ajna) connects us to our internal intuitions and is responsible for the sharp senses, the ability to read the future and receive non-verbal messages. Through the Third Eye we communicate with the world and can even receive messages from the past and from the future. It grants us our sense of observation. Chakra balancing is needed as well as grounding well enough. Clairvoyant people tend to have overarctive third eye.
The purpose is to balance pineal gland activity.
Health, Love & Peace ♡
Image: Woordward TV