Cabbage is truly undervalued veggie! It´s inexpensive. Cabbage is a leafy vegetable of Brassica family, and is round or oval in shape. It consists of soft, light green or whitish inner leaves covered with harder and dark green outer leaves. It is widely used throughout the world, and can be prepared in a number of ways, but most commonly, it is included as either a cooked or raw part of many salads. Cabbage is good source of vitamins like folates, niacin, vitamin A, C & K, potassium, protein, fiber and carbohydrates.
I just love cabbage! I mainly juice cabbage cause of vitamins especially vitamin K, and use it for raw salads and casseroles.
Cabbage casserole recipe
This is our traditional food, it includes rice, minced meat and syrup but since I eat only plant-based. I used broad beans to get protein, and left away the rice and syrup.
Time: 30 min + 1 hour in oven
- big head of cabbage
- 5 big carrots
- 350 g cooked fava beans/broad beans or some other beans
- 1 organic root veggie broth cube
- 5 dl + 2dl water
- organic olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- spices; salt, black pepper, oregano, marjoram
- peel and slice cabbage, carrot and garlic, place them and all spices to sauce pan, add olive oil and fry them quickly, add water 5 dl and cook in slow temperature 20 min until
- place them to glass oven container and add pre-cooked broad beans, mixed them, add 2 dl water if all 5 dl is evaporated
- put in the oven for 1 hr and 200 C
- served with lingonberries
What is your favorite cabbage recipe?
Health, Love & Peace ♡
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.