Carrots are my favorite veggies throughout the year. I consume them about 5-7 kg per week depending on how much I juice them. They are inexpensive and easy to use. You can roast them, cook or eat them raw.
Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta-carotene and fiber content. This root veggie is also a good source of antioxidant agents. In addition, carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
I love carrot soup, you can vary spices and either roast carrots or cook them. When I have time enough I roast them for soup, it gives nice flavor. Adding chickpeas to soup you get protein, otherwise you need some extra protein for soup. I always drop the seeds on the food.
Carrot soup recipe for max 4 first soup or 2 main course:
- 1 kg carrots
- 2 garlic cloves or as much you like
- 230 g chickpeas uncooked
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 1 organic veggie stock cube
- water (filtered)
- 2 dl plant cooking cream or coconut milk
- black pepper
- black sesame seeds
- organic olive oil
- peel and slice carrots to saucepan
- peel garlic cloves to saucepan
- rinse chickpeas and add them to saucepan
- peel and slice or grate fresh ginger and add to saucepan
- add veggie stock cube and water until all ingredients are covered with water
- cook until carrots are soft, about 40-60 min
- add cooked ingredients to blender with some cooking water about 1-2 dl (Note! If blender jar is glass, let cool down) or you can use also hand blender.
- put them back to saucepan and add the spices you want to and add plant cooking cream or coconut milk. I added salt, black pepper, nutmeg, tarragon. Let it heat up.
- serve with olive oil or coconut oil, black sesame seeds and cilantro
Love & health!