Chia seeds are the most powerful superfood in the world. I just love them!
You can use them different ways for breakfast, dessert, bred, smoothie etc. I have used them for 2 years mostly for breakfast and dessert. (recipe for dessert coming later). Chia seeds are good energy booster.
Chia seeds are great source for:
- omega-3 fatty acids
- omega-6 fatty acids
Sea buckthorn (hippophae) contains:
- rare omega 7 (palmitoleic acid)
- 10 x vitamin C of oranges
- 3 x vitamin A of carrots
- 5 x superoxide dismutase (SOD) of ginseng
- highest vitamin E among all fruits
- omegas 3, 6, 9
Chia breakfast bowl for 1:
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 0,5 dl coconut water
- 2 dl coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp organic sea buckthorn powder
- 1 banana
- 170 g organic sea buckthorn berries (thawed frozen berries).
- coconut flakes
- organic sea buckthorn concentrate juice blended with water
- Soak chia seeds in coconut water min 30min. I soak them overnight in glass jar. Some people eat them straight but it´s better for digestion to soak them.
- Add coconut yogurt
- Add sea buckthorn powder
- Add banana, slice as you want to
- Add sea buckthorn berries
- Add coconut flakes on the top
You can also blend yogurt, banana, berries and powder, and add it on chia pudding.
Love & health!