Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a common spice that was considered a luxury more than 5,000 years ago. Ginger is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Ginger is the ultimate antispasmodic. A cup of of ginger tea can calm an upset stomach and relax any other areas of tension for up to 12 hours. Rather than acting as a nerve tonic, it acts as a tonic for the organs and muscles, telling the body that it can let go, that everything is under control.
Ginger´s antispasmodic properties come from its more than 60 trace minerals, well over 30 amino acids and more than 500 enzymes and coenzymes all working together to calm reactivity. Ginger has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties – powerful antibiotic!
Try ginger to these conditions:
- Adrenal fatigue
- Spastic colon
- Sleep apnea
- Spastic bladder
- Common colds
- Thyroid disease
As you see there are many health benefits for using ginger. I use mostly peruvian fresh ginger, try to avoid chinese due to toxic and poor soil. You can use also powder for food. Fresh ginger gives more intense flavor for the food.
I like to use fresh ginger for;
- juice and use as the concentrate (maintains a week in fridge in glass bottle) for morning juice. If you don’t have juicer, you can grate ginger and squeeze the juice with hands.
- tea, boil fresh ginger for tea
- ginger and cucumber water
- roasted cauliflower, carrot-sweet potato soup or any food you like.
- pear jam with nutmeg and cinnamon. This is awesome spice combination!
Love & health!
Source: Life-Changing Foods