Carrots are great to use for many ways in food. I love carrots, consuming them about 7 kg per week. I eat almost everyday carrot in a food or in juice. Carrots are ideal for boosting the immune system. They contain a number of antiseptic and antibacterial abilities. Carrots are rich source of vitamin C, which stimulates the activity of white blood cells.
The health benefits of carrots;
- lower cholesterol
- prevention from heart attacks
- warding off of certain cancers
- improve vision
- reduce the signs of premature aging
- increase the health of your skin
- boost the immune system
- improve digestion
- increase cardiovascular health
- detoxify the body
- boost oral health in a variety of ways
I wanted to make hummus with self-made tahini but it didn´t worked out as I wanted, I put too much olive oil. Fortunately, there was purchased tahini in my fridge which saved my hummus.
Servings: several depends on how to use.
Time: 30 min + soaking time
- 4 dl chickpeas (soaked)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp jeera
- black pepper
- 0,5 dl water
- olive oil
- chili spice
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight.
- After soaking and rinsing put them to food processor and add garlic, lemon juice, spices and water. Mix them until texture is like soft ice cream. It takes about 5 min.
- Sprinkle oil on top, add chili spice and fresh cilantro.
Mix some hummus with carrot noodles. I fried carrot noodles few min to get softer. I love raw carrot but now had a feeling to fry them quickly.
Hummus is great dip for veggies, pizza, sandwich, wraps etc.. or with portobello mushrooms. There are many ways to use hummus.
Love, health & peace ♡