There are lots of different kind of plant-based milks (almond, cashew, coconut) in the market but most of them are including added sugar or artificial flavor or including soya. I am not big fan of milk since I try to avoid dairy products, they causes chronic inflammation in your body. If you have any inflammation in your body Chinese Medicine advises to leave the dairy products away totally. I wanted to non-dairy milk without any added sugar so I made it.
Here is recipe for Cashew “Mylk” Milk
Time: 20 min + soaking time
Servings: about 0,8 liter ready-to-drink cashew “mylk” milk
- 3 dl cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract. You can use also nutmeg or cinnamon.
- agave nectar if you want sweetened milk
- Soak cashews overnight in water, after soaking rinse them until water runs clear
- Add soaked and rinsed cashews to blender and 1 liter filtered water and vanilla powder or extract
- Run with max speed few min (time depends on the blender)
- Strain the cashew milk
- Put the strained cashew milk to glass bottle with a cap and store in the fridge. Remains 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Leftover pulp can be used in the smoothie or in morning bowl
Have you done non-dairy milk, what is your favorite “mylk”?
You find me on Instagram @peacefulhealthwarrior, focused more on food.
Health, Love & Peace ♡